If you’re not ready yet, the show’s free so come by, hang out, grab a drink, talk to some of the comics, and check out the show.
Here’s how the open mic works. Covid has thrown schedules into havoc but currently we have open mics 7 nights a week. Monday and Tuesday (Main Stage) 7pm. Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday (Brick Room) 9pm. Friday and Saturday (Brick Room) 11:30. THIS WILL CHANGE OFTER AS WE COME OUT OF THE PANDEMIC. Check the website often for exact days/times.
To perform you need to email openmic@
Name, which show, one, or as many as you’d like to perform on. Please be specific. Don’t just say “sign me up”, or “whatever is available”. Just let us know which one, or all, the shows you’d like to perform on.
If you’ve missed the sign up time or didn’t make the show for any reason…there is a second way onto the open mic shows. If your name was not selected you can physically show up at the club, and sign up, on the “alternate list”. The alternate list is not a guarantee. When comedians who have spots on the show don’t show up, or we have extra time, the host will pull comedians from the alternate list. Sometime they make it through the entire alternate list, and sometimes they don’t get to it at all. The alternate list is made available for sign ups a short time before the start of open mic . To use the alternate list, you have to physically be at the club, you can’t add your name via phone/email etc.
The Mad House bookers, hosts of the open mic, and staff all pay attention to who is consitantly doing great on the open mic, who’s working hard to get better. They will select those comedians for other opportunites at the Mad House such as becoming a Mad House Regular, hosting opportunities, spots on other shows at the Mad House. No one is getting bumped or downgraded for bombing, which is a normal part of learning stand up, so don’t worry about that. So long as comedians are working hard and trying their best everyone is going to be happy.
Note a few things.
· Sets are usually 5 min but set times can vary depending on how many comedians we have on the shows.
· Sets are uncensored.
· If you go over the time you will be played off stage.
· Check in with the host when you arrive at the club.
· The order comedians will go onstage is made by the host, at show time. Please do not call the comedy club and ask when your time slot is, as the box won’t know.
· Please do not call the club to see if you’re on the show. If you received a reply to your email you’re on the show.
· There is no two drink min for the open mic shows, and there is never a two drink min for any performing comedian at the Mad House Comedy Club regardless of the night or show.
Last and most important. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE CLUB BOX OFFICE PHONE NUMBER WITH OPEN MIC QUESTIONS.